Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"Beginning in Vietnam"

I first went to Vietnam to live about four years ago to oversee the building of the “Ship of Life” (a medical missions boat now used in Cambodia). As I traveled to the shipyard each day, I noticed the number of small children playing on the streets and wondered why they weren't in school. After investigating, I discovered that school costs $12 a month in Saigon. The average wage is $2 a day.

Following the recommendation of a few locals, I began paying the tuition for some of these poor children. Today, through Amazing Grace International, “Tom’s Kids” supports over 140 students in two cities in Vietnam. You too can support a child. $15 a month covers tuition, uniform, and some medical care. Send your contributions to Amazing Grace International, P.O. Box 8453, Falls Church, Virginia 22041. These are tax deductible contributions.

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful you are in Vietnam helping so many children. Thank you for all that you do and continue to do! You are amazing to me, and I hope that we will meet this side of heaven someday. I would love to go back to Saigon with Grace and see you there!

    ReplyDelete